If you or anyone is in immediate danger call 999
Whatever you’re going through, The Samaritans will face it with you. They’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year call 116 123
If you need to talk to someone now you can call Combat Stress (24hr) helpline on 0800 138 1619
The Veterans’ Gateway is for any ex-service personnel and their families looking for advice or support – whatever you’re dealing with. They provide the first point of contact to a network of military and non-military partner organisations. For 24-hour support go to Veterans’ Gateway or call 0808 802 1212.
We offer Face to Face sessions that are hosted by our M4H volunteers all around the UK. There are also model making sessions held by other organisations. Click here to find your local session. (You will need to register.) These sessions are free, closed to the public and are intended to be a safe and considerate place to be.
We also have a private social media group on Facebook and a web based Forum that is just for beneficiaries, volunteers and supporters. These are private, safe places to share your projects. Contact us to request access.
Every Sunday morning at 9am we produce a Live interactive show on YouTube showcasing the models made by beneficiaries during the week. Tune in and enjoy the fun and games with us.
We host Online Model Making workshops. Referrals for the workshops can be obtained through Walking With the Wounded. Click this link: Online Model Making Project for more details.
We are currently OPEN to new referrals.
Please note, we do not accept direct self referrals. To refer your client to Models for Heroes please consider the following:
Your client must:
- be former or current member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces or employed by an Emergency Service in the UK.
- have expressed a genuine interest in the model making hobby and demonstrates a desire to engage.
To request a referral form for your client Click Here.
(You will be asked to register or Log in.)
- We stock many donated supplies. These include model making tools, scale model kits and figures.
- The kits are absolutely free, including all postage and packaging costs. However we ask for social media recognition and share plenty of photos!
- Kits are donated by a members of the public, companies or organisations from all over the world keen to assist in the well being of our beneficiaries.
- While care is taken to supply quality provisions, We cannot guarantee the suitability or the condition of the models/tools provided.
- Our M4H volunteers are keen model makers and where possible are trained in Mental Health First Aid. - We highly recommend welcoming a M4H volunteer to the session to provide the encouragement and knowledge to help the group succeed.
- Your facility must ensure use of the donated resources is used for persons fitting our remit and for the charitable purpose intended.
- Risk Assessments are performed by M4H Volunteers at the first meeting to identify any issues that may need rectifying for safe activity. M4H Volunteers have Public Liability Insurance.
If your facility is interested in a model making activity and would like to know more, please get in contact.