Currently most of our modelling sessions are Online. Click here to read more about Online Model Making for Veterans across the UK. Or Click here if you are resident of Hampshire for a specific Online project.
When the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, have a look at our map of M4H Locations to find one nearest to you. (You will need to register.) Then contact your local Point of Contact to register your interest. These sessions are free, closed to the public and are intended to be a safe and considerate place to be.
You can also request a referral through your GP, Therapist, Case Worker etc. or through Walking With the Wounded.
We provide a Referral scheme that provides a modest box of model making resources for an individual under your care, direct to their home.
- In all cases, Models for Heroes provide referrals through healthcare professionals only. We do not accept self referrals.
- The individual receiving the model kits must be former or current Armed Forces or Emergency Service personnel in accordance to our remit.
- The referee must have expressed an interest in model making. (This hobby can be frustrating.)
- Support professionals can request a referral form from us. Please contact us here.
- Once you have contacted us requesting a referral we will then provide you with a unique link to begin the process.
Models for Heroes and Walking With the Wounded have partnered to provide Online Model Making for Veterans funded by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust. This project is offered as part of our referral scheme in reaction to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Further information can be found here: https://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/Home/News/449
- We stock many donated supplies. These include model making tools, scale model kits and figures.
- The kits are absolutely free, including all postage and packaging costs. However we ask for social media recognition and share plenty of photos!
- Kits are donated by a members of the public, companies or organisations from all over the world keen to assist in the well being of our beneficiaries.
- While care is taken to supply quality provisions, We cannot guarantee the suitability or the condition of the models/tools provided.
- Our M4H volunteers are keen model makers and where possible are trained in Mental Health First Aid. - We highly recommend welcoming a M4H volunteer to the session to provide the encouragement and knowledge to help the group succeed.
- Your facility must ensure use of the donated resources is used for persons fitting our remit and for the charitable purpose intended.
- Risk Assessments are performed by M4H Volunteers at the first meeting to identify any issues that may need rectifying for safe activity. M4H Volunteers have Public Liability Insurance.
If your facility is interested in a model making activity and would like to know more, please get in contact.
- If you or anyone is in immediate danger call 999
- Whatever you’re going through, The Samaritans will face it with you. They’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year call 116 123
- If you need to talk to someone now you can call Combat Stress (24hr) helpline on 0800 138 1619
- The Veterans’ Gateway is for any ex-service personnel and their families looking for advice or support – whatever you’re dealing with. They provide the first point of contact to a network of military and non-military partner organisations. For 24-hour support go to Veterans’ Gateway or call 0808 802 1212.