- If you or anyone is in immediate danger call 999
- Whatever you’re going through, The Samaritans will face it with you. They’re available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year call 116 123
- If you need to talk to someone now you can call Combat Stress (24hr) helpline on 0800 138 1619
- The Veterans’ Gateway is for any ex-service personnel and their families looking for advice or support – whatever you’re dealing with. They provide the first point of contact to a network of military and non-military partner organisations. For 24-hour support go to Veterans’ Gateway or call 0808 802 1212.
Funded by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust we are providing modelling workshops Online. Click here to read more about how to self refer to the Online Model Making for Veterans project.
Face to Face modelling sessions are beginning to restart and new ones are opening. Keep an eye on M4H Locations to find one nearest to you. (You will need to register.) The map will provide markers with the local Point of Contact to register your interest. These sessions are free, closed to the public and are intended to be a safe and considerate place to be.
We also have a private social media group on Facebook called the M4H Modellers Mess. And a web based Forum that is just for beneficiaries and volunteers. These are private, safe places. Contact us to request access.
You can also request a referral through Walking With the Wounded.
Our referral scheme is currently closed until 2022.
Alternatively our Online Model Making project remains open to self referrals.
Further information can be found here: https://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/Home/News/449
- We stock many donated supplies. These include model making tools, scale model kits and figures.
- The kits are absolutely free, including all postage and packaging costs. However we ask for social media recognition and share plenty of photos!
- Kits are donated by a members of the public, companies or organisations from all over the world keen to assist in the well being of our beneficiaries.
- While care is taken to supply quality provisions, We cannot guarantee the suitability or the condition of the models/tools provided.
- Our M4H volunteers are keen model makers and where possible are trained in Mental Health First Aid. - We highly recommend welcoming a M4H volunteer to the session to provide the encouragement and knowledge to help the group succeed.
- Your facility must ensure use of the donated resources is used for persons fitting our remit and for the charitable purpose intended.
- Risk Assessments are performed by M4H Volunteers at the first meeting to identify any issues that may need rectifying for safe activity. M4H Volunteers have Public Liability Insurance.
If your facility is interested in a model making activity and would like to know more, please get in contact.