At Models for Heroes we take responsibility for your personal information in a safe, secure and trustworthy way under the guidance of the Global Data Protection Law and the Data Protection Act of 1998. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or our practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer, at: email@example.com or by writing to: 1 Harrier Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 4AB.
- We will not sell your data to other organisations.
- We will share your data with organisations that are working with us, for example we may share your data if you volunteer at a recovery centre and they need to contact you for scheduling, or to reclaim Gift Aid through the HMRC.
- Email and social media is currently the only way we contact supporters. We will not conduct posted communications other than thank you cards for donations, and do not use telephone marketing. We intend to use the mailing list data to provide users with a quarterly newsletter.
- We do not collect data from users of our website. Emails sent to us containing return email addresses are retained on a webmail cloud server for our records. If you have donated a physical item to us by post and have supplied a return address we may contact you to thank you. If an email address is supplied we will contact you by email instead.
- The Data we hold are names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, of our volunteers and donors. It is held on a password protected cloud file. This can only be accessed by the committee of Models for Heroes.
- If for any reason you wish to have your data removed from our records then please get in contact by email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your data immediately.
Users of our web site can visit the site without revealing their identity or providing information about themselves.
We collect personal information when users provide it by submitting their personal details to us for volunteering, purchasing items for sale or through the mailing list.
Certain parts of our web site may request users to register for an event or to order goods, make donations, join our newsletter mailing list or request information. We reserve the right to add to this list of interaction opportunities.
We will retain your information for as long as the charitable organisation exists or until such time that you have requested we remove your data.
Use of Information collected:
The personal information provided to Models for Heroes is usually used to respond to the direct enquiry or request by the user.
Models for Heroes may also use the information provided by users with additional information by email regarding upcoming events, new merchandise items, promotions, or other changes to the services offered by the charity. The user has the opportunity to opt out of these services at any time by contacting us.
In the highly unlikely event that we wish to use personal information for other purposes we will inform you.
In order to process requests, respond to enquiries and (where consent has been obtained) provide you with information about other events, goods and services, your personal information may need to be passed to, stored by and/or processed by other companies that we have engaged to provide services to us, such as our website hosting company, mail list manager or to the HMRC for Gift Aid reclaims. Any such companies are contractually bound to keep such personal information secure and to use it strictly for the performance of the particular services only. They are not permitted to use your personal information for any other reason without your consent. Circumstances may arise where information is disclosed to a third party under a legal obligation or as a means for protecting the users’ rights.
Models for Heroes maintains strict physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect user’s personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access. All data is kept within the EU and our storage of it adheres to the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and the General Data Protection Regulations.
Users of our web site may request to review the content of any personal information we have securely stored relating to them.
Users have the right to ask us not to process their personal data for marketing purposes when registering personal information and any consent can be withdrawn at any time. You can exercise this right by emailing us.
If you have a concern with the way in which we are handling your personal data you have a right to complain to the ICO. For more information visit the Information Commisioner’s Office
Access to information:
Models for Heroes complies with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to Policy: